Google Analystics

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Why do I do what I do?

People ask me, what do you do?

When I wake up in the morning, what I want to do is make the world a better place. Most of us, if not all of us, walk around with problems, some personal, but also many business or professional. What fires me up professionally is to help leaders in small and medium size organizations approach their problems as challenges, as fish to be caught, and then help those organizations fashion fishing rods or fish nets for themselves to catch these fish and turn them into opportunities; opportunities to make their organization, including their staff, more successful in achieving their vision and objectives, more successful in meeting and exceeding customer and client expectations and, as a consequence, more profitable.

How do I do this?

Credit: advisera.com
I am a big believer in process; namely, a consistent way of taking things as input, and turning them into some valued output, whether as a product or service. When you break it down, any enterprise uses a system of processes to do what it has to do - whether those processes are formal and written, or informal and intuitive. I have yet to find a production or service problem that cannot be tied back to a process. What I do is help organizations improve their system of processes to be more effective and efficient, and to eliminate or mitigate problems, especially problems that lead to client or customer complaints.

Beyond the short term, the cost of improving process effectiveness is a lot less than the cost of perpetuating a process that keeps spawning problems. It's a bit like the leaky tap or faucet: at some point the cost of water wastage exceeds the cost of repair and, at that point, the total cost is the cost of repair plus the cost of all the water that had been wasted in the meantime.


So that's what I do, and why I do it. If you would like to see whether and how your processes can be more effective and less wasteful, please talk to me. Let's continue the conversation and make the world a little bit better, together.
Leave a comment below or CONTACT ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment